Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A time for us – my love affair with Zurich

Zurich reminded me of America for some reason. Actually for many reasons, and I feel lame for being happy to be in a town that reminded me of America, but its been 4+ months people! Just seeing that Starbucks mermaid made my heart a little stronger to go on. Also, I shopped. It was a blessing/curse not really knowing the value of a swiss franc. I got the best swatch watch in the land, I also got some kiels silk groom hair magic potion, a fierce red dress from mango…such excellent purchases, it helps to not know how much your money is worth to really be able to spend it…thank you once again, CHF (i.e. swiss franc!)

At the beginning of the day, I climbed the big protestant tower – really wasn’t that hard, and the view was groovy. Later on I went down to the sanctuary, and put on Aretha Franklin singing the Lord’s Prayer on my Ipod. Super geek alert, I know, but it was powerful!

Later on I strolled down the main shopping street, found a cute store, “En soie” – very cool silk stuff…real Connecticut opulence stuff, and I searched and searched for the perfect marigold shirt to someday wear with my cool blue boots, but to no avail.

On my stroll down to see the lake I passed the banking district – the scenery was lovely, the bankers all had matching coats, and it was easier not to find them annoying b/c they were mysterious swiss bankers…not like, fruity tooty NYC bankers.

I don’t know why fruity was my adjective of choice. I’m freestyling here. Anyway, I don’t want to hate on any bankers…bank away bankers! Your job would be very hard for me! So after my lovely stroll listening to the tune of swiss german all day, (like german, but with a Kermit the Frog accent…music to my ears! Sorta funny, too) I returned to my hostel, gathered my things and prepared to leave. Little did I know, I might’ve left my brain back at Wueste.

No comments: