Monday, January 08, 2007

Backbeat, the word is on the street

That I am no longer 12.

I learned Wonderwall on my guitar, (it’s a pretty easy song to play, but its also pretty easy to forget, as its all fancy finger moves and not memorable chords, durn) and since realized that my students probably do not know this song, as I liked it when I was 13. Oasis is an old band! Geez!

I remember - I met my first net-friend, Wendy from New Jersey, on the Oasis messageboard. Wendy was the shit! She was so fun and sarcastic, and we shared tips about how to make frames on our websites. How geeky, but how awesome...oh the days when I was on the cutting edge of HTML.

In other early net adventures, I also was on some swing music mailing list when the Squirrel Nut Daddie’s song, “hell” (I believe) made it on MTV and people on the list were freaking out. It was pretty cool to be a part of that, no matter how small, when everyone on the list was like, from San Fran, and I was some 13 year old from STL. I am old school.

No comments: