Monday, January 08, 2007

my package(s) arrived in the mail!

My package was awesome, I loved the cards, and I went on a My Name is Earl binge for a good 3 days. It really really made me miss america. (that sentences could be taken 2 ways, the 2nd way is funnier, but makes less sense) I totally heart the Earl team.

It also helped that I had no phone or internet for a whole weekend right after I got my presents. That pecan pie came in handy on Sunday when nothing was open and I was hungry.

Seriously, with no phone, no bus…I was like, is this poverty? Like, damn…people need the buses! I am one of those people! NO wonder people occasionally set fire to cars here – I too felt like I might want to set fire to some cars after 2 days of nothing but me, my blankets, a creepy piece of historical fiction, and not a lotta food (not to mention the perpetually beige-colored hot water here in the Duch).

But I loved my package! Points also to Auntie Lolo for the American Candies of History present … I was able to give that to my Italian hosts (the glorious Fedeles!) and they loved it! Those cinnamon toothpicks were awesome.

I'm still waiting on one from Miss becca S - here's hoping Mr. Postman pulls through!

No comments: