Monday, January 08, 2007

Hey there lonely girl

Cell phone loss = solitary weekend...it wasn't cool when I felt like I was sortof experiencing poverty first hand, but it was cool when I tried to pretend like I was abraham lincoln. Though I did have electricity.

I think karma was trying to tell me something the Friday b/c that’s when I left/lost my cell phone somewhere in Lyon. That sucked. What also sucked was that the next day there was a bus strike, so I couldn’t really get ANYWHERE, and was stuck on my ghetto, but more importantly – my not very vibrant hill for a whole day.

I think I read a LOT of Pillars of the Earth, which is a book I really didn’t like very much…sorry to friends and family that liked it, I will never get those 1000 pages worth of my life back! But it did offer me a nice distraction from cell phone loss panic and utter boredom. I probably could’ve profited more from practicing the guitar so I could move up the skill ladder to being mediocre, but I read that frickin book. By about page 600 or so I realized I sorta hated it for various reasons (the main one being that the characters were too one sided, and predictable…the other reason having something to do with way graphic gratuitous rape scenes, euw) – but you can’t very well quite 600 pages in! Anyway, I have since released it on bookcrossing.com on my birthday, but I think it died in the rain.

No comments: