Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Some things worth noting:

Though I've fallen behind the running commentary of Europe and Europeans through the eyes of Lori, in addition to promising to not fall behind no mo', I thought I'd put some snippets of what I've noted en lieu of an actual post.

Promises that an actual post is coming soon.


  • Berrachon – best chocolate in france in the 6eme... this is really just for me to note.
  • Yes, I called the Royale to ask what kind of whiskey was in a Senator. Yes I was in France, but no I didn’t mention it. No, I am not ashamed. No, I have not found Powers Whiskey in Lyon (Jameson is not the same!). I thought the lovely Roayle employee said "palace" so maybe I CAN find Powers whiskey. This whole whiskey love affair makes me feel like a tweed-wearin' irish literature professor who walks with a cane. I can dig that.
    I tried to make a wireless network through concrete walls of my 60's era school building and across a courtyard with a wireless router and some detarmination. Apparently I sorta broke the computer for a day, and many french teachers were mad. Though they did not know I did it b/c it was night! And now the computer is fixed, though I have no wireless still. Sorry I broke your computer, french people, but my American comanches invented it (with a swede, i think), so I was only doing my patriotic duty by fighing for my rights by sneaking around at night, Boston Tea Party Style. Internet is v. important, ps, and everynight when I must leave it I die a little.
  • I have gone on a "Notebook" binge. Its the only movie I brought to France, and I think I've watched the director's commentary so many times I secretly think me and Nick Cassavettes are friends. It feels like it!
  • European websites are struggling. By struggling, I mean they are bad. Very bad. Completely unnavigatable. Maybe not all of them, but the important ones (trains) are.
  • Cool flea markets in Lyon : I mistakenly thought they were called "Villes de Grenouilles" - which means "Frog Cities" ( I mean, crazier names have happened)...but they're actually called "Vide Greniers" which means something like, Empty the Attic! I'm glad someone emptied their attic, b/c check out what I got for 10 euros:

Batman Rollerskates!

  • merde, sadly, Raconte-moi La Terre, my wifi hotspot of choice tonight (out of like 5 in the whole friggin' city...what gives) is closing, so I'll check back later with ya. Flip side!

In other news, the Rebeccas are going to see Marc Broussard tonight! Wow.
I remember when I first saw him, a year ago yesterday. Sigh.
I remember emailing my friends to tell them that my life had been changed for the better by sweet soul music. Lives are usually changed by little else. Since then my life has been pretty exciting and changed, come to think of it -- trials and tribulations included!
May they take many a video, and possible get a signed forearm out of it!


In case you are puzzled, that's Mr. Broussard's signature on the right, and Chuck Berry's on the left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi am amine and algeria age 28
mail : ziar_5@hotmail.com
kiss..bye