Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Some more Points of Interest (POIs for the uninitiated)

I feel like teaching my kids strange movie monologues from Waiting for Guffmann (Saving silverman’d be next). I’ll let you know how it goes. I guess its sortof like how my parents dressed me up like a detective when I was a baby. Make it funny/fun or its sortof torture.

La Stage : our lovely introductory meeting.
It sucked, and the former assistant they chose to speak to us about her experiences was a girl from the most chic school in Lyon.
She was like, well if your kids misbehave, just tell them to stop. Yeah, ok. What a vapid-tastic answer.
Completely unhelpful, and useless meeting.
There wasn’t even free coffee and donughts at the beginning. It’s the little things you miss about the USA. We’re like, you cannot call an early meeting of any official capacity and NOT have free coffee and doughnuts (dunkin doughnuts, anyone?). Its just unheard of. I was offended (and uncaffinated).


The Bellecour city guide festival! It was called the Lancement du Petit Paume --- how does this translate? They had this giant festival in the largest square in Europe to hand out free copies of the cool Petit Paume city guide…it doesn’t have shopping, but it has a lot, and the Lyonais listen. Still, I visited Petit Paume’s website, and they don’t have a blog!?! 52nd city anyone? Though their festival is the shit, their website is sortof shit. Pardon my French! Ha. Bummer, though. Someone needs some silicon valley help.

On the subject of them not listing shopping - are there 2nd hand shops in this country? Must I be satisfied with my batman rollerskates as my sole 2nd hand purchase? I still try to believe that Lyon, like St. Louis, requires of its pioneering visitors a little effort, snooping and research before it can be fully judged as a sortof lame city without any 2nd hand stores and only 2 legit Wifi cafes. I wait before I decide the verdict.
Case not closed.

I think I'm going to go to paris this weekend.

No comments: