Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sagrada Famiglia - you are the bomb

Ok, no hangover Tuesday!

We went to see the Sagrada Famiglia, and it was just so frickin’ beautiful.




I was like, emotional looking at it. I mean, I am a lover of beauty, I am -- but very rarely does beauty make me sorta get all teary eyed. Maybe it was the religious, aspect and that it wasn’t done. It just seemed like what cathedrals are supposed to be – they make you feel so small, but connected to all the other small people. They also make you feel awesome because you are there. All the hangovers of Barcelona were worth seeing the Sagrada Famiglia. The church is so PRETTY! And cool!

And it sortof had a sense of humor, too. Gotta love high art that laughs with you.

There’s a little puzzle on the back that the sculptor just put there b/c he thought people’d like to see it and try to figure it out. There were workers still working on it. It must be the coolest thing ever for artists in this age to be able to work on a cathedral. I think it is wonderful that it is being built. It’s really just being built just because. How great is that! We spent some time there – I wish someone would write/find me a super detailed book about this place, as I would just love to know all about the architecture b/c it was just soooo cool. I got nothin’ but love for the sagrada famiglia.



Maybe I do wanna be a chicken!

No comments: