Thursday, September 21, 2006

In the beginning, there were french people

I really should elaborate on my formative days in france, but dude, we’ll just see, k?
Some bullet points for you:
- on Jet lag – I'm about to pass out from all this drama: 8 or so hours of my life were stolen (along with my guitar, though I’m getting that back, hurrah!) by British airways and the cruel, cruel rotation of the earth.
- driving through the French cornfields with Agnes my English teacher savior
- The school and the library (sortof reminds me of a Priory meets Lindbergh meets Sumner)
- I’m overwhelmed but I don’t feel like inducing a coma (though I never do want to wake up In the morning, like ever – but that is actually nothing new!)
Phillipe and Agnes, Solène and Ciril – cute little French, Martinique family. Les graves, Stevie wonder, la voix de la Mississippi !
- I met solene last Friday, she’s a 24 year old student teacher in English here, and she said “hows it goin’?” Impressive! I spent the weekend with her, and she is totally cool, and managed to help me find a cell phone, and walk me around amid my shell-shocked jetlaggedness.
- Oh my, the weekend means big breakfasts, I almost found housing near solene, but it was sold out, but then we went to her friend’s house for a dinner party (the sort that you learn about in French class in high school…it was a living lesson indeed)….it was a lovely dinner party, and I met French people! How exciting for me!

No comments: