Friday, September 15, 2006

Bonjour, Lyon!

I was going to think of a more clever title (la belle et la chutte, for example) but what first entry of a foreign travel blog doesn't begin with *local language way of saying hello*, *city where you are*? So I join the bandwagon for the sake of clarity!
I have a lot to say, but don't have much time to say it (i'm on the computer of Solene, super cool perfect english speaking english teacher at La Martiniere Duchere) but I wanted to update b/c hey, its nice. Speaking of which, so are most people I've met thus far, though they're all mostly english teachers, who are probably grateful that I speak more french than none at all.
Or maybe they just can tell I am awesome. Maybe both?
It's been overwhelming, and I've been here a day, and have yet to get my papers together... the citizen card (I always imagine being at like, some casablanca-esque bar where police come in to demand my "papers" ...anyway, that's what I think of when I have to do all this crappy paper work for the zany french bureaucracy) and what not, and I have not found a nicer appartment, etc...but so far, the experience has been rich, and I have almost been able to articulate just what the Daily Show is.
I'm not there yet, but my hope is by the end of the trip -- among other things, bien sur --- all my french colleagues will have a full and rich understanding of satirical american fake news.

No comments: