Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I am from Austria---Innsbruck!

"I am from Austria" is a song about Austria, and how it was big, but now it's small, but that doesn't mean it isn't still big on the awesomeness. It’s all in “Austrian” except for the chorus, which is in English, according to Doris - cheekily - so that, “everyone will know"
...that I am from Austria.

New years eve in Austria was super fun! We drank at Doris’ buddy’s place, danced, sang some songs as Toby the German played some mad guitar (he even sang the blues, not bad, not bad at all. Mad props for rhyming "nice" with "think twice."He said that he thinks the English language is the best language in which to sing the blues. I mean, I agree…but what lovely thing to say. Not that I invented the English language or anything, but I was born in Mississippi. Sophistic logic, nahh).

We went to the main square to watch Fireworks, dance the waltz, and to trade hats. (that last one’s not a tradition, but I think it should be!)

My chapeau, Herman the Red Tyrolean Hat (a purchase I had to make earlier that day) made lots of friends, and really suited everyone he found! We then went to a bar, and some Austrian guy tried to make out with me -- realizing/not realizing that I don’t speak ANY GERMAN AT ALL…I guess that’s sexy, the whole insta-dumb illiterate thing – anyway, I was like, eh, peace out. Though he did buy me a beer, and try to talk to me. Luckily, my Austrian buddies told him I was awesomely American, and didn’t understand anything he said. Plus, I barely drank that beer, it was like 2am on new years…I had had enough, and I needed to dance it off (and I did)!

No comments: