Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Distance makes the heart grow weirder

Somewhat off the “hey I’m traveling and soametimes I do cool stuff” subject of the blog, but hey. I read this gal’s blog pretty religiously, (ever since I “randomly” stumbled upon it, I believe me and my laptop were at Kaldi’s, my StLwifi haven) and I gotta say I really like what she’s got going on. I also remember that I emailed her, and she responded nearly immediatly. Snaps! I especially like how her company, Citizen Agency, won’t take clients unless they have a higher purpose. Total duh, but daring!

She’s working in San Francisco (one of the the only big cities that doesn’t turn its residence into pod people…snaps), and there’s a lot of stuff going on there as far as like, start-ups, etc….but I want to work/help in St. Louis and the whole Mississippi valley, right? How does that translate? I’m sure I could figure it out, considering all this translating, in every sense, that I’m doing here in the Big E.

But will I be bored by St. Louis? I wasn’t before, I’m sure its just distance making the heart grow freaked out.

Not to mention, James Brown died! That’ll throw off anyone’s equilibrium. Total bummer, but he lasted pretty long considering he was like, always on drugs I think.

No comments: