Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I am awesome, and I got on the wrong train

So I’m in the train station at Zurich, and I was like, ok platform 16. Then I walk over to the train and I get on -- how nice that I can get on so early! i think.

Then I think, hmmm, this just doesn’t feel like platoform 16.

I get all my stuff down to get off the train to check when suddenly the train starts a’rollin’ about 20 minutes early, and I know I am on the wrong train. I get off at the next stop, see my train going to geneva-lyon in the window, and continue on back to the main Zurich to buy new tickets (only cost me 10 more swiss francs to change).

Go to Geneva, get random hostel…it aint so bad, had internet, creepy people watching that creepy Kevin spacey movie where he dies (I didn’t see bakula), and I actually slept really soundly after covering myself in my scarves, coat, and of course the blankets provided. I sortof felt like Tom Hanks on his first night as a grown up in Big, where he’s like, sleeping by a window and its cold. I didn’t hear any shootings or anything going on or anything (its Switzerland after all) but there was cold air blowing in through the window and that was annoying. Ok, so it wasn’t a lot like Big, but if I had to pick a movie scene that would be it.

Train back to lyon had people speaking some mystery language that sounded like Italian/French/Russian/Czech – who are these people?

No comments: