Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Adventures in Interneting

At doris’ there was really fast internet, and it was in a home. Something I have not experienced for about 4 months. Needless to say, magical. Thanks to the Violands for allowing me to use the computer – I hope I did not seem to be an internet creeper.

I saw something funny on the comedy central insider blog, so I decided to email this fella Chris Locke, who also happens to have been the author of the book I was then reading (and I finished the book and it was awesome). Chris Locke being pretty much asesome and all, emailed me back! Throuch him I discovered that The Daily Show is taking their videos off YouTube…not cool! Chris Locke however, cool. Sortof an amazing moment.

Also, I found a gal who has linked to testimo in her blog…she lived in LA and she loves her some Testimo, so of course I loves me some her. We emailed, etc… it should be a happy friendship…maybe she can give me some insight into the testimo-customer-mind, so that I can write better descrips, and possible blog better when the time comes for the TestimoBlog.

I also discovered on the internet… http://www.elfyourself.com, http://www.photojojo.com, and subway parties, and Mr. Nola dirtycoast.com guy who may or may not be sending me a t-shirt to the Sweetbriar homestead for that kooky little “C-ray” thing I have to the right.

Awesome!

Onto real, not e-life....
On the last night, we watched Coupling, a british sitcom, with Doris’ buddies, and I thought…wwwwaaay too obviously “Friends” in british, but still it was cute. And english, which was very genrous of my austrian buddies.

The next day for lunch we had some “birds” – which were really like, beef wrapped around pork wrapped around a pickle = delish – and I peaced out to Zurich on a lovely swiss train ride.

Seriously, it was super precious, the swiss countryside, and I like it that it’s a mountain fortress. I liken it to the mountain fortress in the movie big, and I feel very safe there knowing that, in the event of an invasion, Switzerland could blow up all access to its country by land. I’m not sure about the planes, but I’m sure they have that covered to. Neurtrality or die! Also, with knives like that, the army has to be good. I think its sortof neato that the army is famous for a knife that they probably never really use, b/c the army never fights (unless there are like, Swiss Jack Bauers…they would use those knives).

No comments: