Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The coolest family ever, and the house-party concert time



I'm sure I've mentioned Phillipe and Agnes before -- Ms. Agnes was my first new friend in Lyon, and she's also sortof my boss. Anyway, she's got a swell family, a really good english accent (though I never hear it, we always speak french -- Agnes cares about my french skillz!) and is really awesome, did I mention that? Her husband, the legendary Phillipe, wanted me to sing at a concert in the city, but after a series of drama and messed up schedules, etc... we ended up having the concert at one of Philippe and Agnes' mathematician friends' houses. It was cute, and the kids got to run around in circles and dance around, and I got to sing stevie wonder and eat pasta at 3 am with a bunch of drunk adults, as is anyones dream, and mine came TRUE. It was awesome, and I'm so lucky to know these people!

I miss them, actually and havn't seen them in a while. This picture is me wearing the guitarist's shoe b/c i added a percussive stomping effect when I sang "Hallelujia I love him so" and there was joking and I ended up wearing his shoe b/c it was funny enough for me. It looks good, i think.

We hung out in the kitchen, where all the gleeful french mathematician/musicians/? made fun of me for almost understanding/speaking french, but it was a happy sort of making fun, like what you'd do to your 23 year old cousin if you were 40 and having a party at 3am and your 23 year old cousin laughed a lot but didn't QUITE understand what you were saying ever. With me? It was probably one of the best nights ever, and you know I loved dancing with the kids as we sang a half-hour version of Yellow Submarine. I also have a secret handshake with the kids now, too. Family time, how I miss you!

There was another gal that sang, but she had this very like, let me scat and be all jazzy sortof style, and I was like, I cannot feel the spirit if I'm babbidy-do'ing all the way to improv boredomland. That's just me.

Its lucky that we didn't end up at some bar in the city, b/c the house party was a much bigger success, and I will say it again, I am so lucky to know this family. yay!

No comments: